Register a business in Singapore
When you register a business in Singapore, you may have a lot of questions. Why don’t you get help from an expert?
Did you know that Singapore does not allow foreigners to self-register a new company? Ideally, you should appoint an agent. Ace Financial Accounting Pte. Ltd. (“ACE”) can be your agent when you do business registration in Singapore.
Now let’s go through some of the steps of registering your business in Singapore. The first decision is to select a structure for your company:
- Sole-Proprietorship –a business owned by one person
- Partnership – business with 2 to 20 partners
- Limited Liability Partnership – a partnership where the liability of partners is limited.
- Limited Partnership – a partnership with at least 2 partners, one a general partner & the other a limited partner
- Private Limited Company – a legal entity separate & distinct from its directors & shareholders and must at least one director & shareholder.
After this, you can start the registration process. For Private Limited Company, to complete company registration in Singapore, there are statutory requirements. ACE professionals help you during each step. Our checklist for company registration in Singapore includes:
- Company name approval
- Directors, including a minimum of one Singapore resident
- Shareholders, including a minimum of one Singapore resident
- Appointment of a company secretary (see here for ACE company secretarial services offerings)
- Paid up capital requirements
- Registered address
- Tax exemptions and incentives (see here for the ACE tax service offerings)
As a special offer for new company registrations, ACE offers one full year of corporate secretarial services for FREE. Ask our sales agents how!
Choose ACE to register your company in Singapore. We offer other additional services during a Singapore company registration.
How to Register a Company in Singapore
ACE will explain how to register your company in Singapore. The Ace Package includes the following services:
- Application of company name
- Advice on paid-up capital
- Government registration fees
- Government filing fees
- Share certificates for subscribing shares
- Minutes book and statutory registers
- Constitution (formerly Memorandum & Articles of Association)
- Company Profile
- Certificate of Incorporation
- One Year of ACE Corporate Secretarial Services for FREE!
After registration, your company is operational. The key things after registration of your company in Singapore include:
- Bank accounts
- Opening a tax file, including the Goods and Services tax
- Business license or permit
- Ongoing compliance including year-end accounting and tax filing matters (see here for the Ace accounting, bookkeeping, tax, and audit service offerings)
- Immigration and work pass applications
Then, it is time to think through the next steps. Plan the first year well. For a good start, ACE offers these company formation services:
- Accounting services – Bookkeeping, compilation of financial statements, account consolidation, financial statement reports and analysis, and others.
- Bookkeeping services – Ensure your financial records are ACRA and IRAS compliant.
- Tax services – Navigate the tax regime in Singapore and help you take advantage of an optimal corporate tax.
- Audit services – Offers independent and comprehensive audit services to meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Company secretarial services – Navigates the steps of company formation, registration, and shareholder services requirements.
- Human resource services – Payroll, CFO appointment, work permits, and employment, student and dependent passes.